NORFOLK, VA — April 14, 2022: Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers’ popular Vote for a Cause contest is back, giving Hampton Roads residents a chance to recognize their favorite non-profit, sports team, or faith-based organization that is making a difference in the community.
This year, the Norfolk-based personal injury law firm is giving away $10,000 to three winners. The cause with the most votes stands to win the top prize of $5,000.
The polls for Vote for a Cause opened on April 6th this year and will close on May 11th. Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers will announce the names of the winning organizations via Facebook Live on May 13th at noon.
The winner will be presented with a check for $5,000. The second-placed organization will receive $3,000, and the prize for third place is $2,000.
Last year, over 1,000 people voted, and Billy the Kidden Rescue narrowly topped the poll. The animal rescue organization received the top prize of $1,000, and Larrymore Elementary School received $500 for winning second place. Giving With a Golden Hand, a Virginia Beach-based organization that encourages at-risk youth to become “creative and responsible adults” through mentoring, won third place and a $250 donation from Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers.
Billy the Kidden Rescue is just one of many great non-profits in the Hampton Roads area. It was launched in the summer of 2013 and has saved countless cats and kittens, mainly through its practice of trap, neuter, return (TNR).
The 2020 winner of Vote for a Cause was Evelyn’s Wildlife Refuge, a sanctuary in Suffolk that provides shelter and care to sick, injured, and orphaned wildlife native to Virginia.
Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers supports scores of great causes in the Hampton Roads community every year ranging from non-profits and sports teams to churches and schools.
Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers Cares, the firm’s charitable initiative, was launched in 2019 and has a goal of giving $100,000 to community causes in 2022.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN VOTE FOR A CAUSE:
- Visit cooperhurley.com/voteforacause to nominate your favorite cause. Don’t see it listed? Just choose “other” and type in the organization’s information.
- Stay updated on Vote for a Cause by liking Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers’ Facebook page. The voting deadline is May 11, 2022!
- Tune in to see Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers announce the name of the winning organizations via Facebook Live on May 13th at 12 pm.
Nonprofits, charities, places of worship, or sports teams are eligible to win Vote for a Cause. Nominated organizations must be located in Hampton Roads or the Eastern Shore of Virginia. Looking to vote for a school? Come back in September when we launch Vote for a School!
About Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers
Check These Other Press Releases
- Cooper Hurley Donates To Norfolk Community
- Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers Announces Six Scholarship Winners In Focused Driver Awards
- Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers Awards 10000 In Focused Driving Scholarships
- Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers Donates 5000 To Norfolk School For Virtual Classrooms
- Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers Donates 5000 To The Foodbank Of Southeastern Virginia
- Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers Donates Busch Garden Tickets To Seton Youth Shelters
- Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers Donates To The Legal Aid Society Of Eastern Virginia
- Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers Is Voted The Best Law Firm In Norfolk
- Cooper Hurley- Injury Lawyers Partner Griff Ohanlon Is Elected To Bar Association Committee
- Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers Pays Tuition For Scholarship Winner
- Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers Recovers Four Of The Top 50 Million Dollar Payouts In Virginia
- Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers Supports Read Across America Day
- Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers Supports The National Council Of Negro Women
- Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers Supports The Urban Leagues Toy Drive
- Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers Wins Best Law Firm Award For Norfolk And Virginia Beach
- Cooper Hurley Supports Macarthur Foundation
- Cooper Hurley Takes Part In The Foodbanks Legal Food Frenzy
- Cooper Hurley Wrongful Death Trucking Settlement Featured Virginia Lawyers Weekly
- Five Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers Attorneys Are Honored As Virginia Super Lawyers
- Hampton Roads Gears Up For A Hazardous Halloween Due To Covid 19
- Man Who Suffered Multiple Fractures In Open House Fall In Hampton Roads Received 400000
- New Attorney Bailey Gifford Joins Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers
- Norfolk Injury Lawyer Talks About Sovereign Immunity In Hampton Roads
- See Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers Super Bowl Ad And Win Prizes
- Suffolk Sorority Receives Donation From Cooper Hurley
- Suffolk Wildlife Refuge Wins Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers Vote For A Cause
- Super Lawyers Honors Five Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers Attorneys
- Two Attorneys From Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers Named In Leaders In The Law Awards