Chesapeake Personal Injury Lawyer
The third most populous city in Virginia is also its most diverse. Chesapeake features miles of industrial waterfront and densely populated, urban residential areas, as well as wide-open farmland, forests, wetlands, and two military bases. Chesapeake truly has something for everyone, but as in any large city, there are also plenty of opportunities for injury. Auto accidents, slip and fall accidents, dangerous and defective products, and medical malpractice are just some examples of painful, debilitating injuries that hundreds of Chesapeake residents experience each year. If you’ve been hurt due to someone else’s negligence, and you don’t know where to turn, trust Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers to manage your case. Our highly professional attorneys are determined to help you recover the maximum amount of compensation possible.
Professional management of your auto accident case in Chesapeake, VA
Motor vehicle accidents are a leading cause of accidental injury and death in Virginia. Chesapeake certainly has its share of high-speed traffic, especially along I-64 as it intersects with US 460 and US 17 and branches out into I-464 and I-664. These arteries provide ample opportunity for negligent drivers to cause mayhem through:
- Aggressive driving and speeding
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
- Texting white driving
If you’ve been injured in a car, truck or motorcycle accident, your first concern is your health. But as you struggle to recover, the medical bills pile up, and you’re out of work, so worry starts to set in. Having our professional legal team on your side can give you peace of mind. You can focus on your health as we fight to protect your rights and help you recover what you’ve lost.
Our auto accident lawyers have more than 50 years of combined experience in complex motor vehicle collisions cases, arising from:
- Head-on collisions
- Multi-car pileups
- Rear-end collisions
- Side-swipes and side-impacts
- Vehicle rollovers
- T-bone accidents
We know how to thoroughly investigate crashes, and in appropriate cases, we work with accident reconstruction experts who can help us pinpoint the cause of a crash. Once we ascertain how the crash happened and understand the full extent of your injuries, we’re ready to pursue the maximum amount of compensation possible under the facts of your case.
You can be confident, knowing your legal team is comprised of attorneys who’ve received high praise, including an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell® for high ethical standards and professional ability, the Client Champion Silver Award, admission to the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, inclusion on the Virginia Super Lawyers list, and a perfect 10.0 Avvo Rating.
Chesapeake personal injury attorneys fight for victims of negligence
Auto accidents are not the only area where negligent individuals harm others through their carelessness. Our injury attorneys also represent clients in cases related to:
- Slip and fall — Chesapeake residents have a wide choice of activities, including shopping at the Greenbrier Mall, Crossways Shopping Center, Chesapeake Square Mall, or any of the town’s six Walmarts. But, a slip and fall accident anywhere can ruin an outing, leaving you with a painful injury and a long recovery period. Fortunately, you can trust our injury lawyers to manage your injury claim while you recover.
- Defective products — Defective consumer products, such as auto parts, electronics, toys, medical devices, and dangerous drugs injure tens of thousands of Americans each year. But getting justice from large corporate manufacturers can be difficult. Fortunately, our law firm has the experience and resources to hold powerful corporations accountable.
- Medical malpractice — Chesapeake has numerous excellent healthcare facilities, including the Chesapeake Regional Medical Center, the Children’s Hospital of The King’s Daughters, and the Sentara Greenbrier HealthPlex, as well as thousands of highly professional healthcare providers. Still, medical errors are a leading source of accidental injury and death. If substandard medical care injures you, our malpractice attorneys provide the effective representation you need.
When choosing an attorney you should also consider whether they have experience managing cases with injuries as severe as yours. Our legal team has successfully prosecuted claims involving serious and catastrophic injuries, such as:
- Concussion and traumatic brain injury
- Neck and back injuries, including spinal injuries causing paralysis
- Whiplash injuries, torn ligaments, and damaged discs
- Multiple, displaced bone fractures
- Lacerations and puncture wounds
- Crush injuries
- Internal organ injury
- Amputation injuries
Our lawyers are determined to maximize your recovery for your injury, which can include medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering. We also help next-of-kin and beneficiaries recover damages for a wrongful death.
But you must not delay. The deadline to file a lawsuit in Virginia is typically two years from the date of injury. However, prompt investigation and guidance from an experienced personal injury law firm is often critical to securing you prompt resolution and fair compensation.
Contact a skilled injury lawyer in Chesapeake who can fight for your rights
Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers offers free consultations, so you can learn more about our services at no cost to you. We also accept injury cases on a contingency basis, so you pay no legal fees until you recover compensation through a settlement or court verdict. Call us today at 757.455.0077 or contact our law office online to schedule your appointment. Our Chesapeake office is located at 638 Independence Pkwy, convenient from I-64 or US 17 and just two miles north of the Regional Chesapeake Medical Center.