Norfolk Personal Injury Lawyer
Norfolk is home to the world’s largest naval base and one of NATO’s Strategic Command headquarters. It is more than a military city. Shipbuilding, ship repair, the import and export of cargo, defense contracting, and manufacturing also drive the local economy. And, even though other Hampton Roads cities are better known for tourism, our cruise ship pier brings about 100,000 visitors to Norfolk’s revitalized downtown every year. As the Commonwealth’s second most-populous city, Norfolk also offers numerous cultural amenities, from Nauticus, a maritime-themed science center and museum, to the Virginia Symphony Orchestra and the Virginia Opera. But, what Norfolk cannot offer is complete protection from injury due to negligence. However, if you’re hurt by a reckless, negligent, or drunk driver, a careless business owner, or a negligent healthcare provider, Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers can help you obtain full and fair compensation.
Preeminent representation for Norfolk area auto accidents
Although Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers represents clients throughout southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore, we are headquartered in Norfolk, so we know the area and the people intimately. When seeking help after an auto accident, you can rely on our legal team, which has more than 60 years of combined experience and has recovered millions of dollars for our clients. In addition, our lawyers have garnered numerous honors, including membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, inclusion on the Virginia Super Lawyers list, AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Ratings by Martindale-Hubbell® for high ethical standards and professional ability, and the Client Champion Silver Award. We have also compiled a perfect 10.0 Avvo Rating.
Common causes of auto accidents in Norfolk and vicinity
Since Norfolk has about 130,000 licensed drivers and is a commuter and tourist destination for many more, auto accidents along busy arteries such as I-64, I-564, US-460, US-58, US-60, Tidewater Drive, the HRBT, the midtown tunnel, and the downtown tunnel are inevitable. But if you’re going to recover the compensation you deserve for your car accident, you have to prove that someone else was at fault, which means you must be able to show why the accident happened.
When it comes to proving fault, there is no substitute for an attorney’s experience and a detailed investigation. Our lawyers have managed countless car accident cases arising from:
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs
- Failing to observe a traffic signal or stop sign
- Failing to yield right of way
- Following too closely
- Speeding and reckless driving
- Using a cellphone or texting while driving
We consult with highly qualified accident reconstruction experts, interview potential witnesses and depose defendants to build the strongest case possible.
Maximizing your recovery for your serious injury
One key to maximizing the amount of compensation you recover is retaining an experienced attorney with a record of success in cases of similar accidents and injuries. Our firm has handled a variety of car crash cases with mild to moderate to severe injuries. The toughest cases undoubtedly are catastrophic injuries that permanently change a victim’s life. These include:
- Disfiguring burns and scarring
- Traumatic brain injury
- Internal organ damage
- Loss of limbs, eyesight, or hearing
- Broken bones and other injuries requiring surgery
No matter the extent of you injury, you can have confidence that our attorneys are up to the task and will fight aggressively for the best possible outcome. In addition to injury accidents, we also represent families in actions arising from a loved one’s wrongful death.
Skilled advocates in a wide variety of personal injury cases
At Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers, we handle much more than auto accident cases. Our lawyers have extensive experience with virtually every type of negligent injury, including:
- Products liability — Manufacturers who market dangerous products are liable to the customers they harm. If you have been harmed by a defect in an auto part, a consumer appliance, a medical device, or an unreasonably dangerous prescription drug, you can trust our legal team to fight for full compensation, even against a powerful corporation.
- Medical malpractice — All across the country, medical errors are a leading cause of accidental injury and death. Even though Norfolk has some excellent healthcare facilities, including Sentara Norfolk General Hospital, Children’s Hospital of The King’s Daughters, Sentara Leigh Hospital, and EVMS Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, patients can still suffer at the hands of a negligent healthcare provider. Our medical malpractice attorneys are ready to assess your case and fight for full compensation.
- Slip and fall — Norfolk is a dynamic city with numerous amenities. You can enjoy a leisurely visit to the Virginia Zoo, the Norfolk Botanical Garden, the new Waterside, or the Chrysler Museum of Art, go on a shopping spree at the MacArthur Center or the Norfolk Premium Outlets, and take in a spectacular show at the Scope Arena. But if a hidden hazard causes you to slip and fall, you may be in for a long, painful struggle. While you focus on your health, our skilled lawyers can aggressively manage your injury claim.
When Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers takes on a case, we have one goal in mind: to maximize the amount you recover for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses. But for us to help, you must take action.
In most cases, the Virginia statute of limitations allows only two years from the date of your injury for you to file a claim. After that, you lose your rights forever. But, when you retain our services, we immediately go to work investigating your claim and preserving the evidence necessary to prevail.
Contact an established injury law firm in Norfolk, Virginia
If you’ve suffered a personal injury, Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers would like to offer a free consultation with an experienced attorney at our firm. Call us today at 757.455.0077 or contact our office online to schedule your appointment. Our office is conveniently located downtown at 125 St. Pauls Boulevard, right across the street from the City of Norfolk Courthouse. We offer free parking to clients and potential clients. We accept personal injury cases on a contingency basis, so you pay no legal fees until you recover compensation through a settlement or court verdict.