Eastern Shore Personal Injury Lawyer
Residents of Northampton and Accomack Counties on the Eastern Shore of Virginia are separated from urban Hampton Roads by the 23-mile long Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel. But residents and visitors to Northampton and Accomack counties are no different from other Virginians when it comes to accidental injuries. If you’ve been harmed due to someone’s negligence, you’re entitled to compensation. At Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers, we also believe you deserve high-quality legal representation so you can receive full value of your losses.
Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers has a long tradition of helping people on the Eastern Shore of Virginia and we know many families on the Shore. We have a client meeting location in Eastern Shore. Every year we host a picnic in Northampton County to say thank you to our friends. Our lawyers make regular visits to Northampton and Accomack Counties and help people who were injured in locations including Cape Charles, Eastville, Onancock, Chincoteague, and Onley.
Common reasons for auto accidents in rural areas
Densely populated areas with high volumes of traffic naturally have motor vehicle accidents. But that doesn’t mean rural areas and small towns don’t have specific problems that lead to accidents. The main north-to-south highway on the Eastern Shore, US-13, is a divided highway, with varying speeds, many traffic signals and intersecting roads. U.S. 13 is a very dangerous highway frequented by big rigs. Often drivers accessing U.S. 13 from smaller rural roads fail to gauge the speed of traffic on U.S. 13 and cause crashes. Routes 183 and 618 have brisk traffic flowing in both directions without any barrier, creating a risk of head-on collisions and side-swipe crashes, especially when drivers are distracted, drowsy, or operating their vehicles under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Another problem for country roads is visibility. Many roads are not adequately lighted, and fog accumulating along the coastline can blind a driver even during the day. These conditions raise the danger of rear-end collisions and multivehicle pileups. Country roads are not patrolled as regularly as major highways, so drivers often feel free to speed. Finally, many country roads don’t have passing lanes, but aggressive drivers will take the chance to pass unsafely.
Quality legal representation for auto accidents on the Eastern Shore of Virginia
If a negligent or reckless driver has caused a crash that injured you, Cooper Hurly Injury Lawyers is ready to provide highly professional representation. Our lawyers draw on more than 60 years of combined experience to thoroughly investigate your auto accident and build a compelling case for your recovery. In addition to millions of dollars for our clients, our attorneys have earned numerous distinctions, such as inclusion on the Virginia Super Lawyers list, membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Ratings by Martindale-Hubbell® for high ethical standards and professional ability, and the Client Champion Silver Award. Our law firm has compiled a perfect 10.0 Avvo Rating.
Aggressively seeking full compensation for serious injuries
Legal action is only successful if you recover appropriate compensation for your losses, including your full medical bills, lost earnings, and pain and suffering. When choosing an attorney, you should look for someone with a record of success handling accidents and injuries like yours. Our firm has an impressive record, and we are prepared to fight for your full compensation for injuries such as:
- Broken bones — Fractures that require surgery can take many months to heal and may never be the same as they were before your accident.
- Burns and scars — Disfigurement that impacts your quality of life is a compensable injury.
- Concussions and traumatic brain injury — Headaches, motor skill and speech impairment, moods swings, and depression are just a few of the persistent symptoms of TBI.
- Internal organ injuries — You must be compensated for any loss of function.
- Loss of limbs, eyesight or hearing — These are all catastrophic injuries, because they permanently change your life.
- Spinal injuries, including paralysis — These injuries demand sufficient compensation to cover a lifetime of care.
- Whiplash injuries to the neck and back — Soft tissue injuries can cause chronic pain and limit your mobility.
Our legal team consults with your doctors and other medical professionals to document the full extent of your injuries and your prognosis. Then we fight aggressively to secure the compensation you deserve. Our firm also represents next-of-kin and beneficiaries in actions for wrongful death.
Knowledgeable counsel for a variety of personal injury cases
At Cooper Hurley, our injury attorneys manage litigation for a wide variety of accident and injury cases, including:
- Defective products — Manufacturers who put dangerous products on the market must be held accountable to the customers they harm. This includes defective auto parts, electronics, appliances, and medical devices, as well as dangerous prescription and over-the-counter drugs. You can trust our legal team to assert your rights, even against powerful corporations.
- Medical malpractice — Across the country, medical errors are a leading cause of accidental injury and death. If a negligent healthcare provider has injured you, our medical malpractice attorneys can assess your case and help you recover full compensation.
- Slip and fall —Northampton and Accomack Counties have many attractions and businesses including the Exmore Diner, the Wallops Flight Facility Visitor Center at Wattsville, Kiptopeke State Park, Cherrystone Family Camping, and The Shanty, a bar in Cape Charles. All business owners have a duty to ensure their premises are safe for visitors, and if a hidden hazard causes a customer to slip and fall, the owner is liable for damages. If you sustain a painful injury on public or private property, our skilled lawyers can manage your claim as you focus on your health.
However, if you were injured, you must act promptly to assert your rights. The Virginia statute of limitations typically allows only two years from the date of your accident to file a claim. After that, you could lose your rights forever. But there’s another important reason to act quickly: your attorney can start an independent investigation and preserve the evidence necessary to win your case. So, don’t delay. Contact our injury lawyers today.
Contact an established Virginia injury law firm in Eastern Shore
If you’ve been hurt due to negligence, Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers would like to offer a free consultation with an experienced attorney at our firm. Call us today at 757.455.0077 or contact our office online to schedule your appointment. Our office is conveniently located at 3443 Virginia Avenue, just off Main Street and a stone’s throw from the NYP & N Railroad Station in Exmore. We will also come to you. We accept personal injury cases on a contingency basis, so you pay no legal fees until you recover compensation through a settlement or court verdict.