Hampton Personal Injury Lawyer
Hampton was founded in 1610. It is the first continuous English-speaking settlement in the country. Hampton has been a home to military aviation for more than 100 years, and NASA Langley Research Center is based in the city. The contrasting elements blending historic and scientific make Hampton a truly unique community to live and work in. But, when it comes to car, truck and motorcycle accidents, incidents at a business, and other injuries, Hampton has the problems associated with small cities across the country. It’s roads are congested and see frequent serious wrecks. When you are hurt due to someone’s negligence, you need skilled and experienced legal assistance to recover full compensation for your injuries. At Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers, we are proud to serve our clients in Hampton, and we’re determined to help you get the award you deserve.
Professional counsel for auto accidents in Hampton
If you’ve been hurt in a car, truck or motorcycle accident, you should not try to settle your claim alone with the insurance company. Studies show that injured parties with professional representation obtain much greater recoveries than those who represent themselves. You are much better off focusing on regaining your health and letting Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers manage your case.
Our injury attorneys have more than 60 years of combined experience in auto accident litigation. Over the years, we have recovered millions of dollars for our clients and our lawyers have earned several distinctions, such AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Ratings by Martindale-Hubbell® for high ethical standards and professional ability, the Client Champion Silver Award, inclusion on the Virginia Super Lawyers list, and membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. As a Hampton injury law firm, we’ve earned a perfect 10.0 Avvo Rating.
Experience with common types of auto accidents in Hampton and throughout Virginia
An essential element of your auto accident case is proving liability. To do so, you must assemble enough evidence to show that someone else caused the crash and is responsible. Our attorneys will help you through the process if you have a valid personal injury case. We have ample experience with a wide range of vehicle crashes, including:
- Head-on collisions — When the force of the two vehicles is combined, the resulting crash may be more serious or even deadly. Head-on collisions occur when one car drifts across a median into opposing traffic or when a motorist drives up a freeway exit ramp into oncoming traffic. They may be caused by a wrong way driver. While just 2 percent of accidents are head-on collisions, they cause a fifth of road deaths.
- Side swipe — When a driver is distracted, intoxicated or too drowsy to drive safely, his or her car can veer from its lane and strike the side of another vehicle.
- Side impact —T-bone crashes usually occur when one vehicle enters an intersection illegally and strikes another that had the right of way. Injuries may be severe because cards have less side protection.
- Rear-end — Tailgating is a leading cause of accidents, especially in inclement weather. Rear-enders are among the most common types of crashes.
- Multi-car pileups — Lack of visibility and lack of traction can turn a single crash into a chain reaction. Vehicles traveling too closely and at too great a speed for conditions are usually at fault.
- Rollovers — Poorly loaded cargo or taking sharp turns at too great a speed can cause a rollover with tragic results. Rollover wrecks have the highest fatality rate.
We consult with qualified accident reconstruction experts who are familiar with the roadways in Hampton where car, truck, bus, and motorcycle accidents frequently happen: I-664, US 60 (Kecoughtan Road), US 258 (Mercury Boulevard), Settlers Landing Road and LaSalle Avenue. We interview potential witnesses and depose potential defendants under oath. We make a concerted effort to ascertain the cause of your accident, which could be due to a common type of driver negligence:
- Speeding and reckless driving
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs
- Failure to observe a traffic light or stop sign
- Failure to yield right of way
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Sudden lane changes
Your crash might also be due to dangerous and/or unmaintained roadways. If so, we are prepared to hold the state or federal government accountable.
Determined representation for your Hampton personal injury case
At Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers, our skilled attorneys handle more than auto accidents. You can trust us to manage your injury claim in any of these areas:
- Slip and fall —Hampton is a varied city, offering the best of urban living and scenic open spaces. You can enjoy a relaxing walk along Buckroe Beach and through Gosnold’s Hope Park or Sandy Bottom Nature Park, see a show at the Hampton Coliseum, take in an athletic event at the Boo Williams Sportsplex, or shop at any number of retail stores, including Peninsula Town Center, Walmart SuperCenter, Target, Big Lots, Marshalls, or JCPenney. But, if a hidden hazard anywhere causes a slip and fall, your day out could be ruined and you could be facing a long recovery from a painful injury. While you’re convalescing, let our injury lawyers manage your injury claim.
- Defective consumer products — Manufacturers have a duty to make their products reasonably safe for use. But every year, defective products cause injury or death to tens of thousands of Americans. You can’t fight a large corporation on your own, but our legal team has the skill and resources to hold powerful companies accountable.
- Defective medical devices and dangerous drugs — Numerous drugs and medical devices designed to help patients have been shown to do widespread harm to patients. Often the big drug companies put their profits above patient safety. If you are suffering due to a drug or device defect, our legal team will fight for justice.
- Medical malpractice — People in Hampton use healthcare facilities including Sentara CarePlex Hospital, Riverside Behavioral Health Center, and the Sentara Therapy Center. Hampton also has hundreds of capable healthcare providers. But, unfortunately, errors in medical treatment are a leading source of accidental injury and death. If you have been hurt by substandard care, our malpractice attorneys can help you recover the compensation you deserve.
When Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers undertakes an injury case, we fight aggressively for the maximum damage award or settlement possible, so you are fully compensated for your medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering.
Getting the greatest level of compensation for your serious injury
To obtain appropriate compensation for your injuries, you must have convincing evidence of the extent of the harm you’ve suffered. This is not always easy, since pain and loss of strength or function are not always apparent. Fortunately, our attorneys have ample experience in cases of serious and catastrophic injury. We can help you get the compensation you deserve for injuries such as:
- Bone fractures
- Concussion and traumatic brain injury
- Crush injuries
- Internal organ injury
- Lost limbs
- Spinal injuries to the neck and back, including paralysis
- Whiplash injuries, torn ligaments, and damaged discs
We also help next-of-kin obtain compensation for the loss of a loved one in a wrongful death action.
To ensure you get full compensation, you must act promptly. The Virginia statute of limitations imposes a two-year deadline from the date of your accident in most cases. You should act as quickly as possible so your attorney can start building a strong case and you can receive your settlement in a timely manner.
Contact an experienced injury lawyer in Hampton to protect your rights
If you’ve been hurt due to someone’s negligence, Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers invites you to take advantage of a free consultation with one of our experienced attorneys. Call us today at 757.455.0077 or contact our office online to schedule your appointment. Our Hampton client meeting location is conveniently located in the business district across from The Virginia Air and Space Museum, with good links to I-64. We accept personal injury cases on a contingency basis, so you pay no legal fees until you recover compensation through a settlement or court verdict.