Suffolk Personal Injury Lawyer
Virginia’s largest city by area, Suffolk, is home to diverse residents and economic interests, from high tech companies and defense contractors working with the U.S. Joint Forces Command (JFCOM) facility to peanut farming and processing. The terrain is just as varied, from neighborhoods along the Nansemond River to the solitude of the Dismal Swamp National Wildlife Refuge. Suffolk has hundreds of miles of rural roads and some of them are notoriously dangerous. If you are ever injured due to negligence in Suffolk, you are never far from an experienced attorney at Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers. We have a client meeting location in downtown Suffolk. Our injury lawyers have an impressive track record of success managing injuries throughout eastern Virginia, and we are determined to help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
Professional management of auto accident injury claims in Suffolk
Any city with more than 90,000 residents is going to have its share of negligent drivers. So, it’s no surprise that auto, truck and motorcycle accidents are common on Suffolk’s busiest roadways, including US-13, US-17, and US-58. Highways such as U.S. 460 (Pruden Boulevard) and Whaleyville Boulevard have appalling accident records. Motor vehicle accident injuries vary due to the severity of the crash, but often include:
- Broken and crushed bones
- Burns and scars
- Internal organ injuries
- Loss of limbs
- Spinal injuries, including paralysis
- Torn ligaments
- Traumatic brain injury
- Whiplash injuries to the neck and back
- Wrongful death
When you are severely injured or you lose a loved one in a fatal accident, you need capable, proven legal counsel to assert your rights. At Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers, our attorneys have more than 60 years of combined experience in motor vehicle accident litigation, and we have recovered millions of dollars for our clients. Our lawyers have earned numerous distinctions, such as inclusion on the Virginia Super Lawyers list, membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Ratings by Martindale-Hubbell® for high ethical standards and professional ability, and the Client Champion Silver Award. As a law firm we’ve also earned a perfect 10.0 Avvo Rating. We are fully prepared to manage your case and obtain full, fair compensation for your serious injuries.
Proving liability in a Suffolk car crash
To prevail in your car accident case, you must be able to prove someone else caused the crash. The defendant in your case could be a negligent driver, the manufacturer of a defective car or auto part, a trucking company, or the government entity responsible for designing and maintaining a dangerous roadway. When another driver is at fault, the cause of the accident is usually one of the following:
- Abrupt lane changes
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs
- Failure to observe a traffic light or stop sign
- Failure to yield right of way
- Speeding and reckless driving
- Texting or using a cellphone while driving
- Weaving in and out of traffic
Proof another driver was at fault for your Suffolk wreck can come from many sources. Our firm thoroughly investigates the facts of your accident, interviews potential witnesses, and deposes potential defendants. We also consult with qualified accident reconstruction experts who have extensive experience examining a variety of crash scenarios, including rear-end collisions, side impacts, head on collisions, rollovers, and multi-vehicle pileups. Our attorneys and dedicated legal staff do not rest until we have assembled the evidence necessary to compel a fair settlement or take your case confidently to trial.
Capable representation for a variety of personal injury cases
At Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers, we handle more than auto accidents. We are prepared to assist you in cases related to any type of negligent harm, including:
- Slip and fall —Suffolk has a broad variety of urban and natural amenities. If observing wildlife in the Dismal Swamp is not your thing, you can visit Riddick’s Folly House Museum, The Suffolk Art Gallery, or the Suffolk Center for Cultural Arts. Or, you can spend some time and money at the restaurants and movie theater at Harbour View in north east Suffolk, Walmart SuperCenter, or DICK’s Sporting Goods. Landlords have a duty to make their premises safe for visitors, but if a hidden hazard causes you to slip and fall, you could sustain a painful and lasting injury. As you work to recover, let our skilled lawyers manage your injury claim.
- Defective consumer products — Manufacturers who put dangerous products on the market are liable for injuries that occur. But fighting a large corporation takes knowledge and resources. You can trust our legal team to hold powerful companies accountable.
- Defective medical devices and dangerous drugs — We live in an age of great medical advances, but unfortunately many drugs and medical devices created to help patients have been shown to be extremely harmful. If you are suffering because of a dangerous drug or defective device, our legal team will fight for justice.
- Medical malpractice — The outstanding healthcare facilities in Suffolk include the CHKD Health Center at Burnett’s Way, Sentara Obici Hospital, and Bon Secours Health Center at Harbour View. Suffolk also has hundreds of capable healthcare providers. And yet, errors in medical treatment are consistently a leading source of accidental injury and death. If substandard care has injured you, our malpractice attorneys can assess your case and help you recover appropriate compensation.
With every case we undertake, you pursue the maximum level of compensation possible, so you are covered for your medical bills, lost income, physical pain, and mental suffering.
To get full value for your case, you must act quickly. Not only does the Virginia statute of limitations set a two-year time deadline for your claim, but prompt action means you can preserve evidence to strengthen your case. Get your case started by contacting Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers today.
Contact an experienced injury lawyer in Suffolk to protect your rights
If you’ve been hurt due to negligence, Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers invites you to take advantage of a free consultation with an experienced attorney at our firm. Call us today at 757.455.0077 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. Our office is conveniently located at 215 Market Street in the heart of Suffolk, just a block south of the Center for Cultural Arts. We accept personal injury cases on a contingency basis, so you pay no legal fees until you recover compensation through a settlement or court verdict.