Cooper Hurley’s Past Premises Liability Results
This month we publish a new book about the law of premises liability entitled Top Ten Tips if You Are Injured At a Store, Hotel or Restaurant in Virginia. The book mentions our past successes in these cases.
We cannot guarantee that you will receive particular results because each case is unique. We promise, though, that we will work tirelessly on your case to seek the jury verdict or settlement that you deserve. Here are a few of our past results:
- $400,000 settlement for a hotel guest injury – A 55-year-old flight attendant was hurt at a Virginia Beach hotel when a window treatment fell on her, causing injuries to her neck, knee and shoulder.
- $225,000 Settlement for a slip on waxed floor – an employee fell at work when she slipped on a floor that had been cleaned by a janitor. The injured lady was hurt when the janitor told her it was alright to pass. She sustained injuries to her neck, right shoulder, right hand, right hip and low back.
- $125,000 Settlement for a trip-and-fall outside a fast food restaurant – A 76-year-old man was directed around landscaping by the employee of a fast food restaurant in Chesapeake. He fell and sustained a broken hip, a broken finger and multiple bruises.
- $120,000 Settlement for customer Injured by department store shelf – A customer shopping in a store was injured when a metal shelf fell down, striking her in the shoulder. The victim suffered an AC separation and tear of the rotator cuff in her right shoulder, ultimately resulting in surgery.
- $112,500 Settlement for slip-and-fall accident at a Hampton Roads Hospital – An employee at a local Hampton Roads hospital was injured when she fell on uneven stairs and broke her ankle. After undergoing surgery, the victim suffered a lengthy recovery period and a stress fracture on her foot due to complications from the injury.
Many other cases have been resolved but the insurance company made us agree not to disclose the results. if you have been injured on someone else’s premises, you may have grounds to file a lawsuit. Call Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers at 757.455.0077 for a free consultation.