Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers Distracted Driving Awareness Scholarship Program
For years, we have supported good causes in our community by taking on interns that seek experience in the personal injury law field. In 2017 we set up our Distracted Driving Awareness Scholarship program to help even more young people during their studies.
Our program to was created to help raise awareness about the dangers of distracted driving, one of the most significant causes of accidents involving teens.
This year our firm will award three scholarships of $2,000 to 2019 graduating seniors in public or private schools in the Tidewater and Eastern Shore area.
Interested in Applying?
How to Enter
1) Please create an essay of 500 to 1,000 words about the dangers of distracted driving and how you think the problem should be tackled by July 1, 2019.
- We are looking for fresh ideas and vibrant presentations. Great images, infographics, posters, art and video will gain you extra points. Please limit audio or video in your presentations to 2 minutes.
- Please read our distracted driving resources here to help you gain ideas.
2) Gather the following information:
- Your essay
- Your presentation – ex. images, infographics, posters, art and video *Optional, but suggested.
- Confirmed acceptance letter to study at an institute of higher education
- & A letter of recommendation
* Applications will be accepted from students in the following cities and counties in Virginia: Norfolk, Suffolk, Portsmouth, Chesapeake, Virginia Beach, Newport News, Hampton, Isle of Wight, York County, Poquoson, Northampton County, Accomack County, James City, Surry County, York County, Williamsburg.
* All submissions will become the property of Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers to use and distribute at our discretion. The entrants agree that Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers has permission to use their image and any material provided for marketing purposes.
Three scholarships of $2,000 will be awarded to the winning students that are selected. The cash prizes will be awarded in the form of a check made out to the school you will be studying at in 2019.
Our selection committee will consider your background and submission looking at its originality, creativity and depth of research. We will announce the awards on July 15, 2019.
Successful applications will be expected to visit Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers’ main offices in Norfolk to be presented with their checks during a ceremony which will be videoed and photographed for marketing purposes.
Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers specializes in personal injury and wrongful death cases. Our attorneys have more than five decades of combined experience of working in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia and we have client meeting locations in all of the cities of Hampton Roads and on the Eastern Shore of Virginia.