The 2022 Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers Focused Driver Scholarship
Congratulations to our 2021 national scholarship recipient, Madison Milton!
For years, the attorneys at Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers have been supporting good causes in our community and taking on young people as interns. Now, we are happy to be able to help further the reach of our efforts nationwide. We started our scholarship program to raise awareness about the dangers of distracted driving and to get students to think about ways to stay focused behind the wheel. Distracted driving is one of the most significant causes of accidents involving young people, and it is our goal that this scholarship will get applicants to think critically about those dangers and how they can be avoided by staying focused while driving. For this scholarship, we will award one student with a $2,000 Scholarship to put toward their education.
- To qualify for the Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers Focused Driver Scholarship, an applicant must currently be enrolled in a course of study at any accredited community or junior college, or an undergraduate or graduate degree program anywhere in the United States. Current high school students or GED holders who have been accepted for admission to a 4 year, community or junior college are also eligible.
- Candidates must be in good academic standing and have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Eligible candidates must be able to demonstrate their strong commitment to staying focused while driving and be able to describe why focused driving is important and how to avoid distractions.
To apply for this scholarship, interested candidates should provide the following:
- An updated resume with up-to-date contact information.
- An essay of 500 to 750 words about the dangers of distracted driving and how you think the problem should be addressed. Please include any ideas you have for how you think yourself and others can stay focused when behind the wheel. We are looking for fresh ideas and vibrant presentations. Great images, infographics, posters, art, and video will gain you extra points. Please limit audio or video in your presentations to 2 minutes.
- A transcript from the applicant’s current institution of study. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. (NOTE: first-year students are permitted to submit unofficial transcripts from their most recent institution attended along with unofficial documentation from their current school.)
- October 1, 2021: Essay submissions open
- July 15, 2022: Essay submissions close
- July 22, 2022: Essay winner selected
- July 26, 2022: Winner notified
- August 5, 2022: Winner announced
Application and Deadline Information
Email your essay to email@example.com, along with your (optional) presentation or unique artwork. You can also submit information through the Scholarship Contest Application below.
Scholarship application emails must include a subject line formatted as follows: NAME OF APPLICANT – 2022 COOPER HURLEY INJURY LAWYERS FOCUSED DRIVER SCHOLARSHIP.
Example Subject Line: John Smith – 2022 COOPER HURLEY INJURY LAWYERS FOCUSED DRIVER SCHOLARSHIP. The applicant’s personal essay, transcripts, and resume should also be attached to the email as separate and distinct file attachments.
For information about our local scholarship available to students in the Hampton Roads and Eastern Shore areas of Virginia, click here.