School Bus safety reminders for Hampton Roads, VA drivers and students
Schools have been up and running for almost two months now. School bus safety is more important than ever. As drivers we must be aware that children are everywhere waiting for the school buses.
Here are some helpful tips to remember:
- School buses are one of the safest vehicles on the road.
- Most school bus incidents happen off the bus, as opposed to on the bus.
- If you have to cross the street in front of the bus, walk on the sidewalk or along the side of the road to a point at least five giant steps (10 feet) ahead of the bus before you cross. Be sure that the bus driver can see you, and you can see the bus driver.
- When the bus approaches, stand at least five giant steps (10 feet) away from the curb, and line up away from the street.
- When the school bus has flashing red lights and the stop bar, you must stop and allow children to get on or off the bus.
The Norfolk based personal injury law firm, Cooper Hurley, handles automobile, truck, and motorcycle injuries. John Cooper and Jim Hurley have over 40 years of combined experience in handling auto injury accident claims. Attorney John Cooper has been named to Virginia “Super Lawyers” since 2010. Cooper Hurley represents people hurt in accidents in Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Portsmouth, Suffolk, Chesapeake, Hampton, Newport News and throughout VA, and always put the best interests of the our clients first.. The firm is recognized by other lawyers as “AV” by Martindale-Hubbell, a national attorney rating service, for our top level of legal skill and highest ethical standards. If you need help or advice about a serious injury, please call us ( 757) 455 -0077 or contact through this website.