Who We Are
Personal injury is a term that covers many areas of the law and applies to many different types of harms. Car accidents, workplace disasters and surgical errors are all examples of different incidents that give rise to serious injuries or even wrongful death cases. If you have suffered an accident of some sort and believe it was caused by the actions of another, you may have grounds for an insurance claim or lawsuit.
The Norfolk-based practice of Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers focuses exclusively on helping clients receive compensation after an accident or injury. If you have been hurt and need a lawyer’s assistance, we fight hard to get you the financial compensation you need.
A Law Firm That Prides Itself on Communication, Excellence and Success
Winning is personal to us, and we strive to make sure you are satisfied with the results of your injury case. Our practice sets itself apart through:
- Client satisfaction — Our goal is to be a zealous advocate on your behalf. We are responsible for ensuring you understand the legal process and are satisfied with the final settlement or trial result of your case.
- Trial experience — We aggressively pursue your goals in legal actions, and we are confident we can handle any personal injury case in court, if necessary.
- Communication — We keep our clients informed of the process of the claim and court process and provide them with updates about every aspect of their case. We maintain a flexible schedule for appointments.
- Information — It’s your case, and we want you to be well informed. That’s why we provide free books to explain the legal process and advise you of what you need to know.
If you have questions about personal injury law in Virginia, we can answer them.
A Practice That Handles All Types of Personal Injury Cases
Our Norfolk personal injury law firm handles a wide range of matters in court. Our firm has dealt with a variety of cases, including
- Car accidents — Car crashes can range from common rear-end collisions to deadly intersection wrecks. Regardless of the crash circumstances, you should have a strong attorney on your side.
- Truck accidents — Virginia’s ports and highways such as I-95, I-81 and I-64 are major traffic hubs. Truck accidents regularly leave many with serious injuries such as head and spinal trauma — or worse.
- Motorcycle accidents — The downside of the thrill of riding on the open road is a large increase in accidents and injuries over the last decade. If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident, we can discuss your legal options with you, and help make sure that all sources of recovery are tapped.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) — Science is only just beginning to understand and adequately diagnose TBIs. Symptoms many people once ignored are now recognized as signs of more worrisome conditions. If you think an accident has left you or a loved one with a TBI, speak with us about the case.
- Medical malpractice — Despite the trust that you place in your doctor, medical mishaps occur with alarming frequency. If you have sustained permanent and catastrophic injury as a result of medical negligence, consider pursuing legal recovery.
- Railroad accidents — Federal legislation gives railroad employees a right to sue for railroad accident injuries sustained on the job. If you are hurt as a result of a railroad company’s negligence, you may have a cause of action.
- Wrongful death — If you have lost a loved one through the negligence or the reckless actions of another person, you can bring a lawsuit on behalf of the family left behind. Our attorneys understand the hardships that families face after a fatal accident and work hard to honor the memory of your loved one.
These are only a few of the wide variety of personal injury practice areas that we handle. We aggressively pursue every claim we bring.
Contact Us to Find Out More About Personal Injury Law in Virginia
The law firm of Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers boasts more than four decades of combined experience practicing in the Commonwealth of Virginia. We are available 24/7 and do not bill clients until they receive compensation. If you have questions or would like to schedule a free consultation, contact us today.