Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers Focused Driver Scholarship Program
Congratulations to our 2020 scholarship recipients; Mitch Corp, Marguerite Jenson, Ronnie Anderson, and Michael Russo!
For years, we have supported good causes in our community by taking on interns that seek experience in the personal injury law field. In 2017 we set up our Distracted Driving Awareness Scholarship program to help even more young people during their studies.
Our program was created to help raise awareness about the dangers of distracted driving, one of the most significant causes of accidents involving teens. This year, we are once again offering this scholarship under a new name; The 2021 Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers Focused Driver Scholarship. This new take on our scholarship will once again be looking for insightful submissions from applicants discussing the dangers of distracted driving, but this year our prompt has a larger focus on asking for ideas on how new and experienced drivers can remain focused when behind the wheel.
For the Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers Focused Driver Scholarship, we will award three scholarships of $2,000 to 2021 graduating seniors in public or private schools in the Hampton Roads and Eastern Shore area.
October 1, 2020: Essay submissions open
July 15, 2021: Essay submissions close
July 22, 2021: Essay winners selected
July 26, 2021: Winners notified
August 5, 2021: Winner announced
Interested in Applying?
How to Enter
- Please create an essay of 500 to 750 words about the dangers of distracted driving and how you think new and experienced drivers can stay focused while driving by July 15, 2021.
- We are looking for fresh ideas and vibrant presentations. Great images, infographics, posters, art, and video will gain you extra points. Please limit audio or video in your presentations to two minutes.
- Please read our distracted driving resources here to help you gain ideas.
- Gather the following information:
- Your essay
- Your presentation – ex. images, infographics, posters, art, and video *Optional, but suggested.
- Confirmed acceptance letter to study at an institute of higher education
- Send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your information through the Scholarship Contest Application
*Applications will be accepted from students in the following cities and counties in Virginia: Norfolk, Suffolk, Portsmouth, Chesapeake, Virginia Beach, Newport News, Hampton, Isle of Wight, York County, Poquoson, Northampton County, Accomack County, James City, Surry County, York County, Williamsburg.
If emailing your scholarship application, please include your first and last name in the subject line, along with the name of the scholarship.
Example: Jane Williams – Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers Focused Driver Scholarship Program
Three scholarships of $2,000 will be awarded to the winning students that are selected. The scholarship will be awarded in the form of a check made out to the school you will be studying at in 2021.
Our selection committee will consider your background and submission looking at its originality, creativity, and depth of research. We will announce the awards on August 5, 2021.
Successful applications will be expected to visit Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers’ main offices in Norfolk to be presented with their checks during a ceremony which will be videoed and photographed for marketing purposes.
* All submissions will become the property of Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers to use and distribute at our discretion. The entrants agree that Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers has permission to use their image and any material provided for marketing purposes.
For information on our national scholarship that’s available to students from throughout the country, click here.
Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers focuses on personal injury and wrongful death cases. Our attorneys have more than five decades of combined experience of working in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia and we have client meeting locations in all of the cities of Hampton Roads and on the Eastern Shore of Virginia.