Safety Tips for Cyclists in Virginia Beach – A New Video
Cities such as Virginia Beach see a considerable number of cycling accidents every year.
In a new video I talk about how the most vulnerable of road users can help protect themselves. We often represent bicyclists who have been injured by other road users.
If you are riding a bicycle you have to make sure to follow the traffic laws. You do not want to run red lights or fail to obey the rules of the roads.
If you are riding a bicycle you should some type of bright or reflective clothing so as people can see you. It’s also vitally important that you wear a bicycle helmet. Head injuries are one of the most serious types of injuries we see cyclists suffering.
The website Yield to Life contains a number of key safety tips for cyclists. They include:
- Never ride on the wrong side of the street
- Ride in single file
- Don’t ride on a sidewalk or toward oncoming traffic
- Never pass traffic on the right
- Make eye contact with other drivers where possible
- Make sure your helmet fits properly
- Do not make erratic and unpredictable moves
- Use hand signals where possible
See our Virginia Beach injury lawyers advice on accidents with pedestrians or cyclists. If you are very injured due to the fault of a car, truck or motorcycle please call Cooper Hurley at 757.455.0077.