Safety first this Halloween. Here are some helpful tips to prevent injuries
Halloween is a thrilling time for children. But during the excitement, children forget to follow some basic safety rules. Parents and Adults are encouraged to share some important safety tips to their children to ensure a safe and happy Halloween!
- A parent or responsible adult should always accompany young children on their neighborhood rounds.
- By using a flashlight, they can see and be seen by others.
- Stay in a group, walk slowly and communicate where you are going.
- Remain on well-lit streets and always use the sidewalk.
- If no sidewalk is available, walk at the farthest edge of the roadway facing traffic.
- Obey all traffic and pedestrian regulations.
- Always walk. Never run across a street.
- Only cross the street as a group in established crosswalks (as recognized by local custom).
- Remove any mask or item that will limit eyesight before crossing a street, driveway or alley.
- Don’t assume the right of way. Motorists may have trouble seeing Trick-or-Treaters. Just because one car stops, doesn’t mean others will.
- Law Enforcement authorities should be notified immediately of any suspicious or unlawful activity.
The Norfolk based personal injury law firm, Cooper Hurley, handles automobile, truck, and motorcycle injuries. John Cooper and Jim Hurley have over 40 years of combined experience in handling auto injury accident claims. Attorney John Cooper has been named to Virginia “Super Lawyers” since 2010. Cooper Hurley represents people hurt in accidents in Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Portsmouth, Suffolk, Chesapeake, Hampton, Newport News and throughout VA, and always put the best interests of the our clients first.. The firm is recognized by other lawyers as “AV” by Martindale-Hubbell, a national attorney rating service, for our top level of legal skill and highest ethical standards. If you need help or advice about a serious injury, please call us ( 757) 455 -0077 or contact through this website.