The 2019 Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers Distracted Driving Awareness Scholarship
For years, the attorneys at Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers have been supporting good causes in our community and taking on young people as interns. Now, we are happy to be able to help further the reach of our efforts nationwide. We are also using our scholarship program to raise awareness about the dangers of distracted driving, one of the most significant causes of accidents involving young people. We will award one student with a $2,000 Scholarship to put toward their education.
- To qualify for the Cooper Hurley Injury Lawyers Distracted Driving Awareness Scholarship, an applicant must currently be enrolled in a course of study at any accredited community or junior college, or an undergraduate or graduate degree program anywhere in the United States. High school graduates or GED holders who are about to start college-level studies are also eligible.
- Candidates must be in good academic standing and have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Eligible candidates must be able to demonstrate their strong commitment to safe driving and be able to describe the dangers of distracted driving and come up with ways to avoid those distractions.
To apply for this scholarship, interested candidates should provide the following:
- Contact information, an updated resume, and status as a student in the U.S.
- An essay of 500 to 1,000 words about the dangers of distracted driving and how you think the problem should be addressed. We are looking for fresh ideas and vibrant presentations. Great images, infographics, posters, art and video will gain you extra points. Please limit audio or video in your presentations to 2 minutes.
- A transcript from the applicant’s current institution of study. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. (NOTE: first-year students are permitted to submit unofficial transcripts from their most recent institution attended along with unofficial documentation from their current school.)
Application and Deadline Information
To be considered for this year’s scholarship, please send all required documentation (essay, transcripts, and resume) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submitting entries is July 1, 2019. The scholarship winner will be announced shortly after the deadline.
Scholarship application emails must include a subject line formatted as follows: NAME OF APPLICANT – 2019 COOPER HURLEY INJURY LAWYERS DISTRACTED DRIVING AWARENESS SCHOLARSHIP. The applicant’s personal essay, transcripts, and resume should also be attached to the email as separate and distinct file attachments.